Saturday, June 18, 2011

* 5 minute friday: home *

Yesterday I found this great side; the gypsy mama. She challenges to write every friday for 5 minutes on a subject she gives to you. I thought that was a great idea to get my writing going again. So I am going to give this a try for some weeks.
This week's subject is Home.

Home is where the heart is. I truly believe in that one liner, and my heart is at home. I am a very homey person. I like spending time at my house, reading, listening to music, watching tv, photography, scrapping, surfing on the internet, photoshopping. There is so much to do (besides the chores and the works :)
It's a great place to hide out, when you are tired of the world. Its warm and comfy and you can be who ever you want to be at that moment in your life. Everybody understands.

My second home was always at my grandma's until she moved to a new home. Even though I was comfortable there, it never felt like the old house, where I have spend so many hours as a child. I can still remember so much about it. I can still see the carpet, red on the stairs. I can still see the velum with the square pattern on the kitchenfloor. The lace rugs on the tabletop. The coffee mill on the wall behind the door ( I loved to grind coffee as a child). The pots with flowers in the window. The couch itchy to the touch. The room I stayed in overnight, with the orange wallpaper. The sounds in the morning of the ships going by, the ships horns, the birds. There is so much to remember & treasure forever.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this beautiful post. I so agree with your description of home. Love the memories of your grandma's home... "The sounds in the morning of the ships going by, the ships horns, the birds." So beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture of home...thank you.

    ReplyDelete